CDL Driver A or B
Driver Job Description: Driver duties involve the operation of a dump truck with trailering as needed. Laborer duties involve the occasional shoveling and raking of asphalt and gravel. All duties are to be performed according to the Company operating procedures in order to maximize the safety of all personnel at the work site and to efficiently perform the task.
Driver Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Operation of standard and automatic 10 wheeler and 6 wheeler dump trucks and heavy equipment trailers hauling asphalt, machinery and equipment, Chips and gravel.
- Duties include hook/unhook of trailers, operationally loading and securing heavy equipment safely,
- Operate assigned vehicle and all attached equipment in a safe manner and in accordance with FMSCA regulations.
- Conduct the pre-trip inspection to ensure safe transporting of equipment in accordance with FMSCA regulations.
- Properly complete truck log and daily paperwork in a timely manner.
- Must have a Class A CDL with Tank endorsement and a clean driving record. Although we do hire CDL-B as well.
- At least one (1) year of driving experience.
- Weekends, holidays, nights, and overtime (up to DOT regulations) as needed.
- Wears personal protective equipment.
- Required to have current DOT physical/Medical Card, pass a drug screen.